The closing date for applications has now passed.
We are seeking a new Director of Music for our parish church with a tradition of choral music. We have a robed choir of adults and juniors who sing every Sunday morning and alternate evenings and at major festivals.
St Peter’s is one of three churches in a large suburban parish on the north of Reading in Berkshire. We want to grow our music within worship and use music as a way of reaching people in our community. The Director will:
- 1. Be the lead person for music throughout the church by:
- a. accompanying worship and directing the choir
- b. growing and developing the musical ability of the whole church
- c. maintaining and developing the rich choral tradition at St Peter’s
- d. developing the range of music we sing and the instruments used
- 2. Use music as a tool of our church outreach to our parish
- 3. Oversee and support the Director of Junior Choir as they continue to rebuild and enthuse our junior choir
This role is for 8 hours per week and offers a salary of £7500 per year, plus fees for playing at weddings or funerals.
CTM Parish is committed to safeguarding and promoting a safe environment in our parish, and it expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure and barring service check.
Closing date for applications: 7 December 2022, 12 noon
Interviews: 16 December 2022